Summit Includes Speaking Sessions by Industry Executives Plus Best Practices in Analytics, Customer Insights, Visual Content and More
CHICAGO – April 19, 2017 – PowerReviews, a leading provider of ratings, reviews and question and answer technology to more than 1,000 global brands and retailers, today released the Digital Commerce Summit agenda.
The event will begin with a keynote discussing the role of information and opinion in culture and commerce. Opinion and emotion are replacing facts and reason in much of public discourse. In addition, the rise of reviews and user generated content provides feedback on public and private organizations that are shaping individual and corporate perceptions.
The speakers will discuss the revolution of consumer feedback and how user-generated content is becoming a more powerful data source than polls, focus groups, and other, more traditional forms of feedback collection. Finally we will share insights and best practices to help brands become the most discovered, talked about and recommended. Speakers include:
- Roxanne Roberts, reporter for the Washington Post, covering the White House and Washington, DC happenings for nearly 30 years. She’s also a regular panelist on the popular NPR quiz show, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!
- James Rubec, product marketing manager, Insights, at Cision, where he leads big data analysis projects to find not only what people discuss but to understand what motivates these discussions and why people take the actions they do.
- Paul Rand, founder, president and CEO of Zócalo Group, now a part of Critical Mass/Omnicom Group and author of Highly Recommended: Harnessing the Power of Word of Mouth and Social Media to Build Your Brand and Your Business.
In addition to the keynote there will be panels throughout the two day summit that cover successful product implementations, analytics and best practices. A selection is included below or view the full agenda.
- Changing Behavior in an Increasingly Transparent Age: Listening intently and carefully to customers is no longer an option. Rishad Tobaccowala, Strategy and Growth Officer and member of the Directoire/+ at the Publicis Groupe, explores how people and companies are changing their behavior in a high velocity, networked and increasingly transparent age.
- PowerReviews Best Practices Customer Panel: Learn from the pros as top-performing PowerReviews customers share their strategies for maximizing the performance of reviews, Q&A, and visual content.
- Big Challenges, Big Opportunity. Jessica Droste Yagan is CEO of Impact Engine, a venture fund that invests financial and human capital in early-stage, for-profit technology startups that are improving education, health, economic empowerment, and resource efficiency. Also the creator of McDonald’s Corporation’s sustainable sourcing strategy, Jessica will explore how feedback, transparency, and accountability help businesses, consumers, and workers around the globe.
- Bee Better: Purpose and Profit Through E-commerce Excellence and Sock Tech: In 2011, Dave Heath read a quote in a Facebook post that said that socks were the most requested item in homeless shelters. This was the inspiration for Bombas, a “buy one, donate one” sock company that in three years has donated more than 2 million socks to homeless shelters. In this session, Dave will share the journey of Bombas from inspiration through research and development, manufacturing and marketing, to launching a successful e-commerce site.
To attend the summit register here. Media interested in attending should contact Jenna Nichols (email@example.com).
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to deliver cloud-based software that collects and displays ratings and reviews and questions and answers on websites. PowerReviews unifies and amplifies the voice of the consumer throughout their journey, across all channels to help consumers make better purchase decisions and to help businesses drive conversion and improve products and services. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, driving traffic on more than 5,000 websites, creating actionable insights to improve products and services, increasing conversion, and growing online site-wide sales. The PowerReviews Open Network reaches more than 1 billion in-market shoppers every month, giving retailers and brands the power to reach shoppers wherever they are. For more information, visit www.powerreviews.com.