CHICAGO – June 26, 2018 – PowerReviews, a leading provider of ratings, reviews and question and answer technology to more than 1,000 global brands and retailers, today announced significant milestones and updates regarding the Open Network, which enables the syndication of reviews collected on brand sites to leading e-commerce retailer sites. Reviews help consumers make better purchase decisions and help e-commerce brands and retailers increase traffic, conversion rates and sales.
The announcement of these network milestones marks one year since the establishment of an Open Network, when leading retailers and brands in the world accounting for more than $90 billion in online sales and $1 trillion in offline revenue, pledged their support and signed direct syndication agreements with PowerReviews. More than 800 brands are now participating in the Open Network.
“We have witnessed incredible growth and momentum around the Open Network over the last 12 months,” said Matt Moog, chief executive officer at PowerReviews. “Brands and retailers are unanimous in their call for an Open Network and the elimination of cost-prohibitive access fees for brands, and have reaffirmed their support by signing and operationalizing direct syndication relationships with PowerReviews.”
In the year since the establishment of the Open Network, PowerReviews has announced new products, innovations and commitments to benefit brands, retailers and consumers by increasing the amount of user-generated content available for syndication across the Open Network.
- $90 Billion Retailer Network Operationalized: PowerReviews is actively syndicating ratings and reviews from brands to retailers on a variety of different reviews platforms across the Open Network, who in total account for $90 billion in online revenue.
- 800+ Syndicating Brands, 395 Added in Last 12 Months: Since March 2017, PowerReviews has signed more than one new syndicating brand each day, who are now collecting, displaying and sharing reviews to billions of consumers across the Open Network.
- Five New Content Types for Syndication: In January 2018, PowerReviews announced the ability to syndicate a variety of different user-generated content types independently like questions and answers, images, videos and merchant responses to reviews, along with moderating and syndicating content directly from both sampling programs and social media to retailers across the Open Network.
- Elimination of Access Fees: PowerReviews has eliminated arbitrary and cost-prohibitive ‘access fees’ and tolls, which has made review syndication instantly affordable and possible for hundreds of brands, who have joined the Open Network since March 2017.
- Industry-Leading Matching Services: PowerReviews has announced improved matching services, combining a first-of-its-kind AI powered Product Knowledge Graph and an industry-leading Content Operations Team to drive an 80% increase in products matched and 13% lift in total number of reviews syndicated for brands and retailers who work with PowerReviews.
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to collect and syndicate user-generated content and feedback such as reviews, Q&A, images, video and more. Content is syndicated across The Open Network reaching more than one billion in-market shoppers every month. User-generated content gives shoppers confidence to make purchases, and delivers actionable insights to brands and retailers to improve products and services, and increases sales and conversion rates. For more information, visit www.powerreviews.com.
In March 2017, PowerReviews announced the extension and expansion of the Open Network to ensure the open and competitive syndication of product reviews collected on brand sites and syndicated to leading e-commerce retailer sites. At the time, many of the largest retailers and brands publicly committed to participating because they recognized that an open network would offer more competitive pricing, greater innovation and more opportunities for brands of all sizes to participate in review syndication.
Now, just over 12 months later, PowerReviews is pleased to announce several additional milestones that reinforce the benefits of the Open Network.
Greater innovation through the Open Network
- In January 2018, PowerReviews announced the ability to syndicate Q&A content, and native and social visual content like images and video, capabilities that were not previously available to brands and retailers.
- In February 2018, PowerReviews announced the availability of Brand Engage, a service that allows brands to respond to reviews and answer questions on retailer sites. For the first time, brands are now able to pre-seed questions to anticipate what questions shoppers might have about their products. In the first 60 days alone, more than 100 brands have signed up and answered thousands of shopper questions on their retail partners’ sites. We expect to have thousands of brands sign up this year.
- In March 2018, PowerReviews began rolling out next-generation moderation capabilities that allow moderators to make more detailed observations about review content. Observations can determine publication and sharing rules to accommodate the regulatory, privacy and authenticity needs of our customers.
- In April 2018, PowerReviews introduced our cutting edge Product Knowledge Graph to power the next-generation of Artificial Intelligence product matching algorithms that address the rapid rate of change with product catalogs, and the need to match to related products and address data quality issues. Overall, brands who work with PowerReviews have experienced an 80% increase in products matched and 13% lift in total number of reviews syndicated.
- In May 2018, PowerReviews announced the availability of new and improved review and image sharing to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- In June 2018, PowerReviews made available Social Suite, a new product that helps clients pull in images in from social media, map them to specific products and request user permission to use the image and syndicate those images to retailers across the Open Network.
Greater participation opportunities for brands of all sizes
- PowerReviews has recently reached the milestone of 800+ major brands syndicating content across the Open Network. 395 of those brands joined in the last 12 months, at the rate of more than one new brand added to the Open Network each day. Those 800+ brands are now collecting, displaying and syndicating reviews to more than one billion monthly shoppers across the Open Network.
- Hundreds of the world’s largest e-commerce retailers accounting for $90 billion in e-commerce sales, representing nearly 50% of the non Amazon e-commerce market and approximately 80% of the retail market currently accepting syndication have signed direct syndication agreements and are actively syndicating content (reviews, images, video and questions & answers) from brands using PowerReviews.
- More than 100 major brands participated in the PowerReviews’ Sampling + Syndication program that offers brands the opportunity to distribute samples to consumers to write reviews that are then syndicated to more than one billion shoppers across the Open Network.
Greater market benefits thanks to competition
- In January 2018, PowerReviews announced the elimination of access fees, which ended a practice that made review syndication cost prohibitive for thousands of brands, and hurt retailers by limiting the amount of review content that could be syndicated to their e-commerce sites. PowerReviews will also accept syndicated reviews directly from brands using 3rd party reviews providers. Eliminating cost-prohibitive access fees for brands will lead to significant increases in the amount of reviews available to retailers in the Open Network.
In conclusion, we’re proud of the progress and milestones achieved around the Open Network. PowerReviews will continue to stand by our commitment to brands and retailers, and drive competition, innovation, and choice in our industry — in pursuit of a better, and more open network for all.
For more information please see our Open Syndication Network position paper and fill out this form to learn more. For current clients, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Client Success Director.
Best practices for post purchase emails that’ll generate more ratings and reviews
Sending post purchase emails can generate 70–90% of your total review volume, making them the single most important step you can take to grow the quality review content on your site.
In this guide, we’ll cover best practices for:
- Writing post purchase emails
- Designing post purchase emails
- Motivating customers to leave reviews
- How long to wait before sending post purchase emails
We all know that things move quickly in the e-commerce space. Brands and retailers are constantly testing, learning, optimizing and evolving to keep up with consumer expectations to create better and more contextual shopping experiences. This is why PowerReviews chooses technology partners who innovate and move as quickly as their customers do.
Today, PowerReviews is proud to announce a new partnership with Salesforce Commerce Cloud, the e-commerce platform used by some of the world’s best-known brands to create intelligent, personalized, shopping journeys, wherever their customers shop. This enhanced partnership offering makes PowerReviews one of the first and only integrated reviews partners vetted and certified for Salesforce’s new Storefront Reference Architecture, as available today.
PowerReviews’ enhanced integration partnership with Salesforce Commerce Cloud enables enterprise brands, retailers and merchants to quickly implement and collect ratings, reviews and questions and answers, along with native photos and videos through a fully customized review display.
Our enhanced Salesforce Commerce Cloud integration provides merchants with:
Streamlined Implementation & Onboarding Efficiency:
Merchants who leverage a PowerReviews standard ratings and reviews and questions and answers integration as part of their e-commerce instance implement and begin collecting reviews much faster than the average customer.
Comprehensive Salesforce App Coverage:
PowerReviews has up-to-dated and approved Salesforce Commerce Cloud integrations currently used by dozens of clients, including the LINK SiteGenesis and Storefront Reference Architecture cartridges.
Review Collection & Syndication:
Display authentic user-generated content including star ratings, text reviews, questions, answers, photos, videos and more; both directly in the review display and shared to an open network of top retailer sites reaching one billion shoppers across the web.
Customization & Flexibility:
Ratings & Reviews and Questions & Answers are easily implemented and fully customized to fit the look, feel and branding of any merchant leveraging Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Data & Actionable Insights:
Advanced reporting and metrics improve review collection and display, helping merchants leveraging Salesforce Commerce Cloud collect and analyze customer feedback to enhance products and the shopping experience.
New offerings, more value for all
We focused on partnering with Salesforce because they are consistently investing in technology to support and enable their customers, which is exactly what we pride ourselves on at PowerReviews, as well.
With a large customer base using Salesforce today, and our position as one of Salesforce’s only reviews integration partners, new and current customers will see value as we continue to enhance our integrations — and usher in a new era of partnership and collaboration with Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Learn more.